Thought of the Day

“ Politeness is the result of good sense and good nature. ”— Oliver Goldsmith

Four Thoughts on the 2013 ASTMH Annual Meeting

Social Good Summit 2030 NOW is unique for two reasons 1. Involving the Global community in solving Global problems 2. Use of Technology and Social Media to unite and create Global citizens

Four Thoughts on the 2013 ASTMH Annual Meeting

Written by Daniel G. Bausch, MD, MPH&TM, ASTMH Councilor, Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans/NAMRU-6, Lima, Peru. Another ASTMH Annual Meeting down, by rough count my 19th. Cutting through the fatigue of 5-days of non-stop juggling of symposium attendance, satellite conferences, and impromptu meetings with collaborators and friends, I identify what have come to be the usual mix of thoughts and emotions, which keep me coming back year after year: Inspiration! Everywhere you turn amazingly smart and productive people are doing great science and public health work! How can I take what I learned from listening to researchers talking about their one-health projects in Kenya or studies in urban slums in Brazil to...Read More
+SocialGood

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Opinion is....